Beginning this Saturday, September 22, the Saegertown Area Library will be open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., extending the time by 3 hours!
Congratulations Everett Gardner for winning the grand prize drawing for the August reading program!
We hit the first 50. Those 50 and the next 50 to reach 100 will all be in a drawing for a Saegertown Area Library totebag.
Saegertown Area Library now has a FaceBook page. Check it out! Be one of the first 50 people to “Like” us and get a free DVD rental. Stop by the library to claim your free movie ticket.
- The Friends of the Saegertown Area Library welcomes new members. Their next meeting is at 7 PM on Tuesday, September 25, 2012.
- The Book Club read Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell over the summer and discussed it at the September meeting. At the October 2 meeting, we will finish the discussion of this book and discuss Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich. Meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM.
- The Saegertown Writers Group will next meet at 7 PM on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
Through the month of August, The Saegertown Area Library is having a farm themed reading program in honor of the Crawford County Fair.
To participate, children (or parents of young children) should:
- read the required books/pages based on the reading level (see reading slips)
- fill out a reading record (available at the front desk)
- turn it in to a librarian
- print the child’s first and last name and phone number on the small grand prize drawing slip
The grand prize is in the display case.
The grand prize drawing will be at 1 pm on August 31.
- The Saegertown Writers Group will next meet at 7 PM on Thursday, August 9, 2012.
- The Friends of the Saegertown Area Library welcomes new members. Their next meeting is at 7 PM on Tuesday, August 28, 2012.
- The Book Club is reading Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell over the summer. Discussions will resume in September. Meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM.
- The Book Club is currently reading The Crucible by Arthur Miller. The discussion will start at 7 PM on Tuesday, June 12, 2012.
- The Saegertown Writers Group will next meet at 7 PM on Thursday, June 14, 2012.
- The Friends of the Saegertown Area Library welcomes new members. Their next meeting is at 7 PM on Tuesday, June 26, 2012.
The Saegertown Area Library thanks the Twiford family for winning the “Highest Donations Collected” award.
Kim Brocious and Rachal White won the Kindle drawings. John Weagraff won the Kindle Fire.
John Deissler won the “Hare Award” for the fastest walking time while Rebecca Getchell took home the “Tortoise Award” for the slowest time.
We would like to thank all of our walkers and sponsors for their generosity. And thank you to the Saegertown High School Key Club and National Honor Society for volunteering you help.
Have you always wanted to write the next great novel? Or do you have a talent for poetry and/or short stories? Get the creative juices flowing and join the Saegertown Writers Group (name open to suggestions) for their first meeting.
When: May 10, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Where: Saegertown Area Library
Feel free to bring poetry, a short story, or an excerpt from a larger work to share. Please limit submissions to a maximum of roughly 500 words. You may also choose to come, listen, participate in the discussion and writing exercise and learn about writing resources. Heather Wakefield will moderate.
If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison
Beginning April 13, the library will be open on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.!