The Saegertown Area Library will again have their Garage, Book and “Barry’s Famous Hot Dogs” Sale for Saegertown Garage Sale Day on Saturday, July 20 from 8-2. We always have treasures to find at great prices, so stop by and stay for lunch & homemade cookies!
E-Reader Classes will be held at Saegertown Area Library on Saturday, July 6th from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Saturday, July 13th from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Class sizes are limited, so one must call or stop in the library to register in advance to attend.
The 5 k Race and Walk-a-thon on May 11th will be starting and ending at the French Creek Valley Christian School, not the Erie Street ball fields! The times are still the same.
The CPR class has been canceled due to lack of registrants. We are looking forward to another date in the summer.
A CPR and First Aid class (with some instruction on AED usage) will be held at the Saegertown Area Library at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 2oth. It should last 3 hours (though it could run long depending on the number of questions). The cost will be $40 or $35 depending on the number of people who register. This covers the cost of materials, including books, and official certification.
If you would like to participate, please contact the Saegertown Area Library by Tuesday, April 16th.
Online registration is now open for this year’s event. One can register as a runner or a walker by going to the “Active.com” website.
The race/walk will start at the French Creek Valley Christian School on North Street. The registration forms and information are available in the library and by clicking on the pdf files below. (Click on the document name, then click on the document.)
Beginning January 2nd, 2013 you will able to reserve books from your account in our catalog at http://catalog.ccfls.org. Once you log in with your library card number and password (the default password is your last name, you can change it after you log in) just click the Place Hold button from the item’s record. If the item is not a type that can be reserved there will be no Place Hold button.
If we have your email address and your messaging settings are set to send you an email when a hold is filled, you will get an email notification when the item you requested is waiting for you. You can change your messaging settings after you log into your account under the My Messaging tab.
If we have your email address on record you will find it on your account under My Personal Details. If you need to change the address stop by the circ desk the next time you’re in the library.
- The Book Club meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. The next meeting is Tuesday, December 4. The discussion will be about Holy Fools by Joanne Harris.
- The Saegertown Writers Group will next meet at 7 PM on Thursday, December 13, 2012.
- The Friends of the Saegertown Area Library is accepting applications. There are Friends sign-up cards at the circulation desk at the library. Those signed up will be contacted about meetings.
- The Friends of the Saegertown Area Library welcomes new members. There are Friends sign-up cards at the circulation desk at the library. The next meeting is at 7 PM on Tuesday, January 22, 2013.
- The Book Club read Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell over the summer and discussed it at the September meeting. At the October 2 meeting, we finished the discussion of this book. The discussion of Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich has been pushed to the November meeting. Meetings will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. The next meeting is Tuesday, November 6.
- The Saegertown Writers Group will next meet at 7 PM on Thursday, November 8, 2012.