Here are some questions that you may have about the Saegertown Area Library.
How do I sign up for Hoopla to access audiobooks, e-books, movies, music, etc?
1) Go to the SAL website saegertown.ccfls.org
Click on the “Online Resources” tab and scroll down to the hoopla image and click on it. 2) On the middle of this page there is a blue box that says “get started now”– click on it. 3) Provide your email & create password. Click the blue “agree” box.
4) Choose your library by starting to type in Saegertown and then you should see it written in blue. Click on the blue SAL and then click the blue “next” box
5) Type in your library card number (this number is above the barcode on the front of your library card)then click the blue “sign me up” box.
6) Then you are done. Click the blue “done” box.
7) Get the app and sign in with the email & password you created if you wish to use with your mobile
What is Saegertown Area Library’s (SAL) Patron Information for Reopening 8-17-2020 document?
All the items below will be in accord with all CDC & OCL guidelines.
At the week of opening, hours of operation will be Monday 10 am– 5 pm,
Wednesday, Thursday 12 — 7, Friday and Saturday 9 — 1.
Lobby pick up service will continue to be available during hours of operation. Please return all library materials in the outdoor book drop. All returns will
continue to be quarantined for three days and then sanitized until further notice. Mandatory masking and social distancing will be in place. We have a supply of masks to provide to patrons who have forgotten their own. Gloves will be required and provided to those browsing. There will not be directional signage in the stacks. Please be considerate of others and use social distancing when browsing the library.
Patrons will limit their visits to the library to:
→ 30-minutes for a computer session with no extensions
→ 30-minutes for browsing and/or account/reference interactions
The circulation desk & computer stations will be sanitized between patrons. Plexiglas partitions are in place at the circulation desk. Hand sanitizer will be
available for patron use in the library. Copy and fax service is done by staff behind the circulation desk. Computer assistance
will be limited. Appointments are highly recommended to have access to computers, printing, hold pickup, and collection browsing. There will never be more than
There will never be more than 10 patrons scheduled to be in the library at a time. This number can be lowered at the discretion of the Saegertown Area Library for everyone’s safety. All fabric chairs and some other seating will be removed to allow for safe social distancing and ease of cleaning. Patrons will not move any chairs, furniture, or turn on computers that have been left off. ILLs will not be available at this time. Phones will not be available for public use. One Restroom will be made available to patrons. The restroom and water fountain are cleaned once daily. Staff will not be expected to clean between patron uses or throughout the day. Restroom and water fountain are used at your own risk.
What is Saegertown Area Library’s (SAL) Mandatory Mask Wearing Policy?
Every person who enters the SAL building must be wearing a mask or face covering. Patrons who cannot wear a mask due to a disability are then provided with two options.
First option: patron can instead wear a scarf, bandana, or other loose face covering, or a full-face shield instead of a face mask. The library has a very limited number of face shields it will provide if that option is chosen.
Second option: patron can access the services and materials they seek with our Lobby Pick up Service.
- Patrons can search the library catalog online or call the library directly. The materials will then be checked out using our Lobby Pick up Service.
- Patrons seeking a library card can apply online and pick it up in the lobby. They can also give their information to a staff member over the phone. A staff member will let them know when their card is ready for lobby pick up.
- Patrons who need to use the library computers to print materials can e-mail the items to the library or provide a flash drive and a staff member will deliver the printed pages to the lobby.
- For Wi-Fi access: the library’s signal extends outside the building. Mask-less patrons may access Wi-Fi on their own device outdoors or in their car.
How do I sign up for the Saegertown Area Library’s Electronic Newsletter?
Just send an email to email@example.com and include your first and last name!
Can anyone check out a book?
Anyone with a current library card from any of the Crawford County libraries may check out a book, magazine, CD, or DVD. If you live in Crawford County and have a current ID, you may get a library card. The first card is free.
How long can I keep a book or magazine?
Circulating books and periodicals are checked out for 14 days. If no one has a hold on the item, it can be renewed up to two times for 14 days each.
How much is the fine for an overdue book?
There is a five day grace period before a fine is assessed. There is then a $0.20 per day fine charged to the patron. There is a maximum fine limit of $6.00.
How long can I keep a DVD?
DVDs are checked out for three days. There is a one day grace period, after which a fine of $1.00 per day will be charged.
What if I lose or damage a library book?
You must pay for the book. The book money (minus the fine) will be returned if the book is found.
What if I lose my library card?
You may purchase a new one for $2.00.